Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stay Close, Don't Go

Adventures to malls, Ulta, Sephora, Chuck E. Cheese's, Justice.....these were all adventures had on my long weekend. From Friday to Wednesday I was with my wonderful family whom I missed very very very much. My aunt Emily had a baby on the 15th and I had to see his sweet little face in something other then pictures, so the journey was made without warning but in a way that was great. I got to see my absolute favorite cousin for the first time in months, hugs were abundant and so was bonding with each other. I missed that kid. Ben, that's my favorite cousin's name, is super chill and a great listener. One day my cousins Max, Murphy, Gabby, and I took a little trip down to Chuck E. Cheese's. We found the coolest Target and took pictures. We also found one of the worst advertisements on a kid's ride I've ever seen in my life. King of Beer? Epic fail Chuck E. Cheese's, epic fail.

Another epic fail was brought to my attention for another time this weekend. I wish it was something that never ever ever had to be brought to my attention, I wish crimes against humanity weren't something ever brought to any one's attention due to the fact that they shouldn't exist. But sadly this isn't a perfect world and they are, in fact, a part of our lives.
There is a crisis in Darfur. I'm not sure of how aware you are of this crisis...this genocide. Really, I'm not so sure of how aware I am of all of this, but I do know that it breaks my heart. I know that the people there should not be oppressed, beaten, raped. I know that America really needs to help out, reach out. If you guys want more information about Darfur, you should go read this this. Actually, read that whole blog. Like....explore and such, because Mary is awesome. And she does a lot for Darfur. I adore her :)
I also know of an amazing organization organized by a lovely girl called Art Feeds. Please check out their myspace? It would mean a lot to me :)
I don't know how I feel about this post. I'm tired and grateful all at once. I also realize that that's probably the least I could say about the crisis in Darfur...don't judge me? please?
Happy first week of school to some of you :)
-Raigan

5 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful post! And thanks for mention Darfur (which I'm sure I can't spell),

    Thats great to spend time with your cousins. How fun.

    Keep Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww its nice that you got to see ya cousins and everything :)
    It was a greatt post... huggie.

    hope your well :D

    looveeyaa :] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. so love that first pic of you..like super girl or something! nice. And thanks so much for mentioning Art feeds too.

    Oh, this was a wonderful post. I'm glad you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're so cute! and chuck e. cheeses is my most favoritest place in the world ever! and it's good to help make people aware of what's going on in darfur :) you're amazing!

    i hope you have a great weekend!!

    <3, angelica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for spreading the word about Darfur. Everyone needs to know about the atrocities happening there!

    Hmmmm, my favorite Jack's song... The Mixed Tape. Classic. ;)

    ReplyDelete